Thursday, February 01, 2007

About Caltech

So I was just reminescing about the times that I spent in Tyler's room, watching Survivor. There was Chad, Teddy, Merrett, Kevin, Tyler, and me, of course. And today (well not exactly, but I detected his return today), Kevin has returned to blogosphere. Quite a coincidence, I feel =)

Caltech brings back lots of memories of sleepless nights and pulling my hair out. But was it all bad? Looking back, I find that I missed quite a bit about the place - Chandler, Pattaya Thai Cafe, ski trips, road trips, alley wars, paintball, Yosemite, Morro Bay, the steam tunnels... Now the tunnels are really unique, and I doubt there's anything like it anywhere else. And, talking to Kenny, Eric, Kevin when they visited a few months back, I found that they miss some of these things too.

Kenny once said that at Caltech, people actually found friends for the first time. Before, in high school, they were ridiculed and called dorks, but at Tech, there is a bunch of like-minded people who love science and engineering. I'm glad to say that Cornell is like that as well =)

Now, did I actually write all that? I think I surprise even myself. If I can do that more often, I'll be a much more balanced person, and then I may even be happy about those times. Maybe.

2 Comments:

Blogger chaos4ever said...

Heh... Yeah, I totally forgot about this blog and my blog until I floated the idea on making a child blog that had a mission behind it. We'll see how long I continue to stay in the blogsphere. Since the Democrats won the Congress, there isn't as much much to rant and rave about, except for how Bush is still incompetent.

Anyway, just to throw in my two cents. Life is a lot lonelier without constant roommates. I sorta miss folks dropping buy at the drop of the hat and me bugging them at the oddest times just to go grab a bite to eat. These days, everyone's busy with significant others, research, and whatnot. I guess that's part of growing up, but then, it's graduate school and we technically don't have lives yet. Not until we get a real job.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Yifan said...

You're right. I sorta miss that too. But the alley 6 bunch of guys was rare, and hard to come by again. Well, it was great while it last.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home